Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Content Filter Request

Janet- thanks for pointing me to the DR to try to get Voice Thread unblocked!  I was able to find out about the process under the section "Technology Review Process."  The bad news is, it seems as though an administrator is the person who needs to make the request.  Here is the chain of command/process
I'm guessing that teachers would need to plead their case to their administrator in order to get the approval process started.  Has anybody been involved in this kind of a process before?

2 comments:

  1. Monica, I was back in October when the county blocked GlosterEdu. The process was simple, and I did hear back from them after a few weeks, but their response was that the site I wanted unblocked didn't exist! Really?!?! Although it was frustrating, it was an easy process to fill out the required "paperwork". I have heard many people having success with getting sites unblocked, however.

    I had never seen the graphic that you posted, but I guess that's why it takes so long to get a request taken care of. You can get to the request form under the "technology systems" icon on your CLC desktop too. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will have to look into it- although Keith posted something similar to Voice Thread as well!

    ReplyDelete