Today my students wrote and illustrated 6 steps to making a snowman. I scanned their work into the computer to load into Voice Thread. Recording the students' thoughts got a little tricky since Voice Thread is blocked by the lovely school system, but I found a way around it :) I used Garage Band to make the recordings at school. When I got home and was able to access Voice Thread, I loaded their pictures (one is upside down- silly pdf), then when I recorded the comment I simply hit play on Garage Band!
Here are their thoughts!
I know this may not be ideal since I had to do some of the extra leg work at home, but maybe if we pull together we can get the school system to unblock it. Does anybody know how we get that done?!
Even though I did a little extra work at home, I like the final product. I also liked listening to some of my students after I recorded them. One went back to the art center and whispered "It was cool, she recorded my voice on the computer!" I like the confidence and enjoyment it gave to her since she can be very quiet and shy. I look forward to doing something like this with each of my students in the future!
That is great work! I love that the young students can read their work for the viewer. I know that there is a way to get sites unblocked- I think there is a form on the Document repository but I don't know where it is or what to do with it. I hope someone in our group can get it unblocked- I am liking this tool more and more.
ReplyDelete